Submitted: 03-25-2002 by Clyde Osterhout

I have been sailing my Grumman 15 (see review below), and I am happy to report that it sails very well indeed! I have the standard Grumman lanteen rig, and it moves the boat very well indeed! It is great to be able to lean back and watch (and hear) the water flowing by. It is not as tender as you might expect, and I haven't capsized it yet, even tho' I've had it out in 20 mph winds (about as much as I'd care to try). It sails about 45-50 degrees into the wind, and is about as fast as my Sunfish (although it won't plane coming off a a good wind, like the 'fish will). The only real problem I have is that the rig takes up a lot of room (and there isn't a lot of room to spare in a 15 foot canoe). All in all, a good addition. I have also added a rowing rig, and I'll post another review when I've spent more time with it.