Submitted: 03-25-2002 by chango2

This is in follow up to my original review regarding the QCC 500. My first QCC displayed a mild problem with the gel coat in the hull that I "caught" after owning the kayak for two months. This problem was diagnosed as mild shipping damage that I missed or shipping trauma/damage that did not display itself until the boat was used in the water a few times. I sent a jpeg picture of the (mild) damage to QCC. QCC went way beyond the call duty in rectifying the problem. I did not "ask" for anything other than advice, but QCC came through in a manner that was, if anything, saintly. I will e mail any specifics if you inquire via e to me. I've never been treated as well by any company for any product. Most importantly, my QCC is a great kayak. If you want to go first class, go QCC. No, I don't work QCC and I live in Los Angeles. QCC is near Lake Geneva,Wis., hundreds of miles from here, so I've never met the QCC people other than via telephone and e-Mail. I can't say enough good things about their integrity and product. If you want to buy something extra special (and at a very fair price) "go" QCC.