Submitted: 03-21-2002 by lindquistadam

I switched from a Wilderness Systems Sealution XL rotomold to an Extreme (think Motorhome vs. Ferrari) I love the change! The Extreme is a joy to paddle, although it is definately more tender, which has allowed me to become a better paddler. The layup quality is remarkable and the rudder system is easy to use. One thing I would fix in this boat is the pedals. They have a tendecy to move forward on you if you take your feet off for a stretch. The WildSys had a bunge attachment that kept the pedals in tension to avoid this and I might retrofit the CD to do the same. The hatches are a good size and seem to stay dry. The speed of this boat is great, but almost negligent when compared to my Paddling partners Solstice GTHV, so if you are worried about compatability of the two, don't be. The added length of the Extreme though is significant. I love watching people come into my camp and look around, and then exclaim "where did you get the chair"?! (that extra length gives you a treat that even my aircraft carrier Wilderness Systems XL couldn't carry). I love the boat but think that a Solstice GTHV might be a more well rounded boat for many people. (more stable, a little easier to car top.) You can't go wrong with a Current Designs. I liked it so much I bought another! (see my review of my Libra XT)