Submitted: 03-11-2002 by Charlie

This is a sturdy boat, ideal for beaching and rough handling with the 6mm thick bottom. The boat looks beautiful varnished and is fast for a 15 ft. There are some problems with the boat. The boat is quite unstable with the flat narrow bottom. A wider bottom of about 2 in. would really help the stability. I have 5 kayaks (3 CLC designs) and rate this the tippyist. Waves over 12 in. will flood the boat. It is for flatwater only. The biggest problem is the slat seat. Don't even order it.....I drop-kicked mine into the path of a bus after I almost capsized in calm water. The centre of gravity is too high with this seat. I use a camp chair that works great. The foam pad with back type. The boat does not turn well....even my CLC 18 turns better. Winding creeks are a lot of work to turn.

Aqua-Bound: