Submitted: 03-01-2002 by JBP

What can I say.... I love my Drifter! I am a large paddler 325 lbs and have had no problems with my kayak. Yes you get wet in this SOT. However, if I was looking to stay dry, I would have got a more traditional kayak. I purchased my kayak with the intent of fishing from it about 80% of the time. I have added rod holders between the seat well and tank well along with a portable fish finder. I also have build a custom baitwell to sit in the tank well. You simply won't find a better kayak to fish from in lakes, ponds, and intercostal waters. I have not taken mine off shore yet, but would not hesitate to do it. There is a ridge, for lack of a better word, that runs down the middle of the kayak between the foot wells. This is a great place to mount equipment for fast access. I have taken a bag designed for my bike rack, sprayed it with silicon water proofing spray and velcroed it to this ridge. It works great and holds everything from my GPS to small fishing worm bags! Buy one, you will love it!