Submitted: 02-18-2002 by Marvin

So far so good. This is the brand new 2002 "replacement" for the ever popular Prism. The Illusion is a lil bit longer and wider than the Prism and the seat is higher and only two scupper holes. I just bought it yesterday and took it immediately out into West Galveston Bay. I am a novice and have had little training but this kayak was stable and fairly fast. Paddling against the wind and tide was easy although the boat wanted to turn into the waves. I am not sure if that is what it is suppose to do or not. I really enjoyed my trip (about 2 miles round trip) across the bay. I did dump it twice in about three ft. of water and it was easy to get back on. Sitting on the boat sideways is not a problem, very stable. I got the deluxe fishing package from a local shop and will soon be out fishing. You cant go wrong with this boat especially with the wheat/pine color scheme.

Suspenz: