Submitted: 02-04-2002 by seakayak_nc

Bought a Pungo last week with new seat system, went paddling today at local lake. Wind was blowing 15+ MPH across lake with small white caps, temp mid 50's. Put boat in and paddled for about 1.5 hrs. Boat is extremely stable, very comfortable and paddles very well into wind and chop. Was surprised how straight the boat paddled considering it's length (12'). New seat system is 100% EXCELLENT. Hope it holds up in durability. Boat is easy to turn if you slow up a bit. The hard chines add significantly to initial and secondary stabilty. Could have napped without falling out. Lots of gear room but put airbag bag in stern for extra flotation in case I went over (didnt need it but good safety item). The new boats (2002 Models are being shipped with float bags now too which is a PLUS) I liked this boat so well I bought a second one for my wife. So if you want STABLE, good initial and secondary stability, lots of cockpit, straight paddle and light ...(49 lbs advertised) plus a great comfortable seat get a Pungo.

Would have rated 10 if had a bulkhead and larger hatch. I think a bulkhead is a great safety feature in the event of a swamping although the Pungo has foam in both ends and a bag. I am 5' 7 about 190. I fit in the boat fine.