Submitted: 01-31-2002 by kiablue

Just more follow-up on the Jubilee...this time post 5 days living out of it at Voyageurs National Park...this boat is still the love of my life and even 14-20 mile days are a pleasure in it...just dont forget to ditch the backstrap that comes with it and learn to pack small ditty bags for the front hatch.....something novel I have done for the boat..I added a backstrap from Kajaksport and then went to my local backpack outfitter and obtained a fitting stay (really a broad plastic form)used to fit Gregory backpacks...I placed this into position and then used a hacksaw to cut it to size...whooooooaaaa, comfort in an English boat!....next thing was to get a Kajaksport knee tube-it is better than Valley's but it doesnt fit the Jubilee (luckily it fits my girlfriend's Nigel Foster Silhouette)..then place wax paper over the knee tube and begin laying up one to fit the Jubilee! next addition is the hatch (thanks Sea Kayaker Magazine) that fits in the spray skirt, positioned above the waterproof hatch in the Kajaksport knee tube-should be a good combination!