Submitted: 01-30-2002 by Bill Stevenson

I am a beginner at kayaking, although my wife and I have been canoeists for over 30 years. We both recently completed a one day skills seminar so all the basic skills have been taught to me, but are not yet mastered. I paddled a Millenium a few days ago and must say that I was very impressed. I am 6' and 205 pounds. I found the Millenium very comfortable and found the foot braces easy to adjust and solidly supportive. The boat edged very easily and can be turned very easily on edge. In a straight line with the wind coming in at 11 O'Clock the boat tracked easily both with and without the skeg. The boat felt fast and had a lot of glide. It was well made and looking at the hatches it looks like it would be easy to pack and carry the necessaries for a week or two of camping. One thing that I particularly appreciated in comparison with a Legend is that the Millenium is at once more stable, and yet seems just as easy to put on edge. Where I found the Legend very difficult to get comfortable with, I was immediately at ease with the Millenium. This is truly an outstanding kayak.

Sealline: