Submitted: 01-12-2002 by mspiven

I purchased this kayak, brand new, in fiberglass for fishing in my local Florida lakes and waterways. I have had over thirty years experience in boating, both power and sail, and previously been a partner at a boat building company. I have used the kayak about a dozen times and I am very pleased with it. It is very light to carry, about 45lbs, and easy to load on the S.U.V. top. The boat has plenty of room for my soft cooler, tacklebox, and fishing rod, all stored inside. The seat, with the addition of a cushion, is very comfortable and supportive. The kayak's initial stability is very good, ideal for fishing. The boat turns on a dime, leans easy, and is relatively quick. I selected a boat with the rear bulkhead and forward airbag. This provides the clearance for fishing rods to be stored inside. The only problems I have found on this boat are the racking, and the blemishes on the fiberglass deck.

I find the boat hard to paddle in a straight course for any length of time. This is probably a compromise to the turning ability. Maybe a little too much rocker.

The fiberglass work, in my opinion, has some defects. I have found several dimples in the deck of my boat. Two of these were right at the location of the company's logo decal, obviously noticed during manufacture, and two where a rudder control might be. These should have been fixed at the factory. If they are drill points for accessories I can understand, but I don't agree with the practice.

This company has a fine line of kayaks. I would buy another boat from them. Overall, a good boat for my intended purpose.