Submitted: 06-16-1999 by Jan Callanan

This is the perfect kayak for me at this time. It's light (34lbs), short and easy for me to load and unload myself. It fits inside the mini van if I want to carry it that way. I added deck rigging and a 5" dry hatch/dry bag. It tracks wells, is very stable, doesn't oil can and allows me to do what I want to do with it which is be on the water! Granted, I can't get up alot of speed if I'm chasing down my daughter in her longer, swifter boat, but we're not usually in a race anyway...we're just out "puttzing" around and enjoying life. My Naturalist has the Lenape words "weli kishku' painted on it, meaning "it is a good day". Any day I'm in that kayak is a good day! Because it fits my needs and exceeds my earlier expectations, I rate this kayak a 10. The only thing I need to change is the comfort of the seat. I always have to use an inflatable pillow between my back and the seat back.