Submitted: 01-09-2002 by Charmaine

I bought my Aleut a few years ago and love every minute in it. It doesn't matter to me if it is a "slow" boat - I'm on the water to slowly go by the sights and enjoy the peacefulness. I have no desire to go any faster! :) It takes me about a half hour to set it up, but it's a good stretching time for my muscles. :) It is very stable and I feel very comfortable in it. I always get lots of comments from other boaters when I'm out on the water - and I've referred many people to the Folbot website and location in SC. I love being able to fold it all up and store it easily and also transport it easy. I usually get a lot of guys come up when I'm assembling it or disassembling it, as they seem to be quite fascinated with the engineering of the boat and how it's put together. :) I look forward to each minute I can go kayaking and exploring local spots. The kayak is made well, however, as the years go by, there are little "connector caps" that pop off - I guess they are glued on the various aluminum pieces. The caps hold the pins in place. So in time I may have to send back pieces of the kayak to Folbot for replacement of the caps. Customer service is excellent - either questions you submit by e-mail or by phone. They send out replacement pieces ASAP. They are very knowledgeable about their products.