Submitted: 01-03-2002 by jtorres

CLC really delivers the "whole" package: a quality, well tested product, superb materials and great customer service. My 17 LT was challenging and fun to build, the kit was well put together and has lots of room for customizing, especially in the cockpit area. The finished boat is not only a beauty but handles exceptionally well on open water. I have a skeg on my boat that I much prefer over a rudder. The boat can weather cock, but careful outfitting and some weight in the stern and the problem is solved. Not only does it handle and track well on open seas it also has great maneuverability. One can carve tight turns on the ocean or sail around the twisting bayous prevalent down here in the south. I am 150# and right at the weight minimum for this boat, any one lighter should go for the 16 or the 16LT.