Submitted: 06-16-1999 by JAS

Used in Ohio, USA. A great sit-on-top! A slower speeds this excellent craft will turn quite easy. At faster speeds it tracks like an arrow even in gusty winds. Save your money on the optional rudder feature unless you are using it on big water or the ocean. Hull speed is good. It takes two strong paddlers in my 16' Mad River Explorer just to keep up with me. One of my complaints is that it really needs a backrest. It feels like you are doing a eternal sit up. I just recently purchased one to deal with this problem. My second complaint Perception has already dealt with. They now offer midship grips as a standard feature now. Mine took a nast slip off of the top of the family van. When it started to go, I simlpy could not find something to grab on to. I now have a rope which threads through the bailers so I have a decent handhold. All together a super boat.

Pelican Intl.: