Submitted: 12-03-2001 by Eugene R. Allen

I am a new paddler 5'10" tall and 170 lbs. with 32" inseam and size 9 shoes. I have developed a good roll with the Centrifuge because its sharp edges seek out eddy lines, pour overs, splashing fish...any water movement. On my first trip in it I must have rolled 40 times but as I have gotten better I have found that the sharp rear edge is very easy to slash into the water for a stern squirt even when it is not my intention to do one. The boat is very easy to put up on edge to carve turns and surfs well though I'm not good enough yet to stay on a wave for very long. I cut the pre-scored foot brace foam into a right triangle with the side opposite the right angle, (the hypotenuse if you remember your HS geometry), curved in a arc to match the bottom of my foot. I jammed that into the nose of the boat and it makes for a sturdy, comfortable foot platform. No sandals in this boat, scuba booties fit OK for me though. After market hip pads and a stick on seat pad make for a very comfortable and form fitted cockpit. Dagger discontinued the boat in August of 2001 so I got a new 2001 for $500. Extremely good price to performance ratio. The Centrifuge is the big brother to the Ultrafuge. Happy boating. Eug.

Black Lagoon Products, LLC: