Submitted: 11-24-2001 by RobS.

Before buying my first GII, I test drove a friend's for a week in Northern Wisconsin, and in Lake Superior. The stability, ease of assembly, and touring capacity almost sold me. I had three minor beefs, and even though I wasn't a customer yet, I wrote to Folbot to ask about the issues. They responded quickly and told me that all three issues were taken care of already in their new model. I bought.

Two years later, with a second GII under my belt, I'm still in love with the boat and the Folbot experience. The GII has proven its worth on expeditions, sailing, solo "exercise" paddles, and as a photography platform. It's most comfortable and handles best when loaded double, but for a large person it is a perfectly suitable single (with the conversion kit). If you want to roll a kayak, the GII is probably not for you. If you want to paddle in comfort, with great capacity, be able to sail, and virtually never fear capsize, then the GII is a good choice.