Submitted: 11-23-2001 by Rod Wallace

Deciding to buy a Minn II should not be done in haste. It is a specialty canoe that, in my opinion, does what it was designed to do very well. It is not simply a "bigger" all-round canoe. In deciding to buy this canoe, I really thought hard about whether on not I'd be inclined to use it on rivers with rapids and small streams, and decided that I would not allow myself to do so.

That being said, I have have used this canoe in a variety of situations such as Lake Superior on windy days with big swell with 2 kids who are inclined to lean over the edge, and have never felt safer nor in more control in any other canoe. It is stable, tracks well and goes fast....this performance comes at the expense of manouverability. As a person who also sea kayaks, it never ceases to amaze me that moving from the kayak to this canoe IS NOT like moving from driving a sports car to driving a bus.

I have the ultra-light kevlar model with wood trim. The kevlar portion of the construction is very good, the wood fit and finish is ok. I expected better woodwork. Dealing with Wenonah in making my buying decision was a pleasure and I found their catalog to be a helpful resource rather than simply pro-Wenonah propaganda.

Sealline: