Submitted: 11-23-2001 by tonyfig

I purchased a used carbon fiber with gel coated deck EFT in October 2001. I had previously order a new EFT but cancelled the order fearing that I could not get used to a narrow hulled kayak and boat a Current Design Extreme instead. The Current design has been a great boat, but he EFT still was on my mind. I took a chance in getting the EFT and hoped I would get used to it. After paddling the EFT 15 times and not going over at all, my fears were unfounded. It is one of the most fantastice kayaks I have ever paddled. It has great secondary stability, accelerates rapidly and is so smooth to paddle. The cockpit opening is large enough to allow easy access and egress. The previous owner had installed a Sealine Rudder and I highly recommend this system. It is connected to the original tiller steering set up on the boat. I wasted a lot of time getting the CD Extreme when I could have been enjoying the EFT. It is a fantastic boat and the quality of construction is top of the line.

Talic: