Submitted: 11-20-2001 by B Nichols

I have paddled the Explorer for one season. It is my third kayak. I find it to be one of the most seaworthy kayaks out there. Not the fastest boat out there, but speedy enough. Turns very well with a lean, and has excellent secondary stability. Cockpit is a great fit for medium sized paddlers (I am 5'9" / 165) and provides excellent control. Rolls easier than any other boat I have paddled. tracks well without the skeg deployer and very very well with it. Surfs great and carries good speed in a following sea. I paddle the Connecticut Coast primarilly...in all conditions / all seasons...the boat handles very well in rough conditions...hatches and bulkheads have all been waterproof. Good boat for camping although the skeg housing requires some creative loading in the rear bulkhead compartment.