Submitted: 10-29-2001 by cris

I purchased a Kevlar Looksha IV. It is a beautiful boat, but I have not found similar experiences in chop as described above by other owners. I learned, and was later told, that it tracks poorly. I must use the rudder in almost any chop. Perhaps it is too light for me (140 pounds). I have become very nervous about taking it out in any weather that may produce chop, and am finding I am not enjoying the boat except in very sheltered areas. I have never felt "tippy" in it, however. Except in chop, in which it sways side to side, I feel very stable. I am not yet accomplished enough to enjoy its responsiveness on turns. I own a plastic Necky Narpa, and the experience is totally different in choppy water - the boat is totally fun. The difference in the two boats is 20 pounds in weight, and the different shaped hull. the Narpa has a V shaped hull, and the Looksha has a double chime. The narpa tracks well for me, and I rarely use the rudder. I will probably sell the Looksha after next season if I cannot overcome the problems of its poor tracking.