Submitted: 10-22-2001 by ChuckPeacock

I have an older Yukon ( non-expedition), Tour model that my sister gave me. It was her first kayak (used), but at the time she bought it, it didn't have a rudder, and as previously mentioned, it would veer to one side and keep going unexpectedly. Finally she bought a rudder, and with that addition, the boat really moves nicely in a straight line. This is my first kayak, so I'm not sure how fast it is, but it's very stable, if a little small for me. I understand that on the expedition version of this model that the cockpit is a little deeper, and of course there are the hatches and bulkheads. For me the boat is a little small (5'10" 210 lbs.), but I still enjoy it enough to keep it, at least for the time being. It is very stable, and seems very well suited to river use for a longer boat. I've been told that the hull design is exactly the same as the current expedition model except for the deeper cockpit. I may look at the expedition model at some point since I am so satisfied with this boat, but want more storage and capacity. If someone out there has one of the older Yukon models, I'd be real interested in how you like your boat.