Submitted: 10-03-2001 by Jerry Gabris

I have now used this canoe for an entire summer, which included 2 boundary water trips and one trip to the Slyvania wilderness in the Michigan UP. So, it had about 18 days on the water. It performed very well. I was surprised at how well it tracked. When you point t his canoe in a direction it goes that way. It was easy to paddle with a load, and even with about 200 lbs of gear, we still had sufficient freeboard. The canoe handled the waves and chops we encountered, up to about 1.5', and did well in current. We did not attempt white water in the canoe although I think it could handle class II with relative ease. This is a pretty canoe with fine lines. It has a 14 inch depth which makes it a good tripper canoe and weighing only 50 lbs it shines on portages. The canoe is very well made. Rockford Outfitters were willing to put painter holes in the hull for me for free (although I did have to ask for these). I highly recommend this canoe as a tripper for one week to 10 day trips, with moderate white water. Handles well and is very well built. My 2 cents worth.