Submitted: 09-24-2001 by Jon

2001 Eddyline Knighthawk Carbonlite. The eddyline Knighthawk is a fun and nimble kayak. Bought in June, I have paddled this kayak on both Michigan's Inland Lakes and the Great Lakes in flat conditions to 4 foot waves and over 20 knot winds. This kayak is a blast to surf and ride the waves. I am 5'9" and 170 lbs and the kayak fits like a glove. The finish is very good and the hatches have remained dry even in the roughest conditions. Tracking is good with the skeg down in winds but without the skeg there is some weather-cocking. The boat also has a tendency to slap the water rather than slicing through the waves. The result is a drag on forward motion but the trade off is the quick response to the Kighthawk in waves and a smaller turning radius. Alll in all a fun, fast and responsive kayak. Before I bought I called Eddyline and talked to one of the desingers and they steered me to the Knighthawk andI have been happy with the boat.