Submitted: 09-17-2001 by Chris

I purchased a Scout this summer to learn a little more about kayaking, next spring I plan on purchasing 2 more Scouts for my flyfishing and light tackle guide service. The Scout has been wonderful... It tracks well, is super stable and turns relatively well by back paddling or dragging a blade. It has plenty of storgage, necessary for fishing... I added deck rigging in front of the cockpit for gear. I also installed adhesive backed velcro strips on the inside of the cockpit, I put the other side of the adhesive velcro on my fishing gear... fly boxes, leader wallet, or anything else small that I dont want rolling around in the boat. The bungee paddle holder on the starboard side doubles well as a rod holder, I plan on installing another paddle/rod holder on the port side, possibly two of them for my expensive flyrods for extra insurance. I also bought a seat cushion for the Scout and a paddle leash, two must haves for comfort and safety. Later I plan on adding cleats for tying up the boat, an anchor system with cleats and eye rings off the stern for anchoring as well as rigging up some sort of light for night paddling. This boat is excellent for saltwater fishing, I have had it 1/2 mile offshore and taken it through 3 to 4 foot rolling swells with NO difficulty.. (its fun too!)

Swift Canoe & Kayak: