Submitted: 09-14-2001 by String
I have had my Zoar for a year and have been very pleased with it.I am 6'5"/230# and it is a good fit.I also find that I have little use for the rudder. There are few boats that can keep up with me if I push it.I usually paddle lakes,but have had it in the ocean once. 3' waves were fun but a 6' flipped me. I think that was the skill of the paddler,not the boat. When the Zoar is turned over, the hatches leak badly. Necky says they are coming out with strap-down hard covers. Also, it needs a grab loop on the tip of the bow . When it is upside-down in waves,it is very difficult to find a hand-hold.
Addendum - 10/23/01
I took my Zoar on a river with many shoals and small rapids. I was really pleased at how well and quickly I could maneuver this boat. I even paddled it upstream through a couple of small chutes. I continue to be glad I bought it.