Submitted: 09-10-2001 by JS

The Coho kayak was the kayak I chose to build for a first time builder. While it took me close to 100 hours and required several trips to the manual to check the steps each time, the instructions were always there and the first time I had to call for help was to find out which side of the seat cushion was supposed to be on top. I was looking for a kayak that was good looking, would track well and was stable. I have been using it for the past two seasons and have been amazed by its performance. I had a great deal of fun constructing it and talking with all the admirers who have seen it. I have had a few scratches in the varnish from rocky beachings but these have not been substantial and I would rate the kayak as a "must construct" and put it on my list of life's finest achievements.

Aqua-Bound: