Submitted: 09-05-2001 by altonr77

(male 145 lbs. 5'7" beginer) just purchased the savannah and have been in it twice. Once on village creek, then toledo lake for labor day. I have nothing to compare the boat to exept a canoe, perception acadia and my girlfreinds looksha sport LV, but it rides like a dream. Very stable and i can already roll in it, though it will fill with water whithout a sprayskirt. (duhh) It is not quite as responsive as the looksha sport but I have no problem turning it I have not even used the rudder even crossing the lake. don't know the distance but it probly took 20-30 min. at an easy pace. the jet skis and fishing boats did not phase the boat. The only complant I have is the savannah feels too big for me. (wanted a baja but it was about two feet longer, and a little extra. Of course the looksha sport LV would be to small. Knowing what i did not know then. I would love to trade it in for a baja. Now I will have to wait a while though. I give the boat an 8 because of the fit and because I already lust for a skinnier longer model. Can't wait to get a sprayskirt and head to the beach.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: