Submitted: 08-23-2001 by saga

I've had my DY for 6 years. I have the kevlar foam-cored layup with gel-coat. This is a fantastic canoe. I use it primarily for fishing and just getting out on the water and getting a little exercise. It tracks great with excellent speed and glide but is still stable enough to use for fishing. I've waited to write a review until I'd tripped with it. Having now done that, I'm even more impressed with the craft. It easily handled the 250 lbs of paddler and gear. It even handled two foot whitecaps on a large lake. For the vast majority of lake paddling, you don't need more depth than this canoe gives you. I owned a deeper We-no-nah that had more capacity but was a bear to control in the wind. The only drawback to the canoe is that it is awfully squirrely with following seas. The four-way seat is the best solo design I've seen. I don't understand why its not the standard of the industry.