Submitted: 08-09-2001 by Peter_K
I own a kevlar Caribou S. Like the other reviewers I think it is a great boat. Great Speed. Great tracking, skeg up, superb skeg down. Could turn better, though if you have the nerve to use an inside lean and a sweep stroke it turns much faster than with an outside lean. Both hatches are bone dry. Note to heavier paddlers: at 220 I am abusing some of the wonderfully predictable secondary stability of this boat because it does ride a bit low for me. I am pulling the seat and installing a gel seat which will sit very low to the bottom, feeling it might give a bit more stability. I also need lower thigh braces but I think I would custom pad any boat I owned. I will never outgrow this boat , and even if I had a fleet it would often be my choice to paddle. If I weighed 180 I would give it a 9.5.