Submitted: 07-27-2001 by Maximus9000

After months of exhaustive research, I purchased the Discovery 160K as my first canoe in the Spring of 2001. I selected the 160K mainly for its combination of stability, capacity, and flexibility in relation to price. I have not been disappointed. I have used it nearly every weekend in a variety of conditions and have found it to be surprisingly agile and adaptable to a variety of uses. The center seat and oarlocks give additional options for use as well as the ability to use the canoe more effectively in different conditions. Whether paddling across a quiet lake, cruising down Class II+ rapids, or rowing into a good fishing spot,I have yet to find a limitation to this boat, with the exception of solo cartopping. At 87 lbs., it's a bit cumbersome, but after some practice, my girlfriend and I have become quite comfortable tossing it on top of a full size pickup. I would recommend this model to anyone looking for a high-capacity, extremely stable craft that will adapt to almost any situation.