Submitted: 07-27-2001 by rayjt

I recently purchased a 2 yr. old Werner Camano 230cm in FG, it looks like it just came off the shelf. I use both high and low angle, and find this paddle great for both. I also just purchased a 240cm and alternate the use of both. I paddle a CD Caribou and Extreme and find the 2 paddles are suited for speed and control. The only fault I found was in the shaft, it irritated and burned my hands after a long days paddle. The shaft is not smooth. It seems to have a roughness to it which is irritating. Well I found a cure. I brushed on 2 thin coats of Minwax exterior urethane on the section of the shaft where my hands have the most contact. That ended my irritation and burning problem. If anyone else is having the same problem try the cure, you'll like it. Otherwise I love the performance. It's in the same class as my CD Feather and Madusa which are both carbon/carbon and my Bending Branches Evening Breeze which is FG It comes down to what ever works for you.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: