Submitted: 07-17-2001 by Bob

When I started paddling a year ago I purchased a Werner Camano to use with my light-touring kayak. This past spring I purchased a Bending Branches Journey to use with my Walden Scout. The first few strokes and I was hooked. I tried the Journey with my Cape Lookout. The Werner paddle is now my spare paddle. The Journey has a solid feel and absolutely no flutter. I can take the blade and bury it hard for those power strokes and sweep strokes. A little heavier than some fiberglass paddles but the ease of paddling is worth it. For the most part, I use a stiff arm, torso twisting technique that works very well for long sprints while touring. I've tried all brands and styles of paddles. The journey out performed all of the paddles in it's class. I'm hooked on this paddle and I give it a 10.