Submitted: 07-16-2001 by wloliff
I began exploring the world of kayaking about 6 months ago. I have been involved with some type of canoe/sail/or powerboat most of my adult life. I signed off the expense/maintenance/insurance and storage associated with most forms of boating and decided to purchase kayaks for my wife and I. Goals: fish, explore and exercise. My first boat after a lot of research, "nervous looking" and use of this Product Review resource was a Wilderness Systems Pungo. The size of cockpit, storage capacity and stability meet my fishing needs. However, it is surprisingly fast and fun to paddle for a wide, recreational kayak. It handles rivers or lakes with good efficiency. Seat is comfortable for both back and "bottom" permiting extended paddling. I purchased a spray skirt and intend to push the limits of the paddling season here in Tennessee. Great boat! Rated a 9 of 10 as I don't rate anything on a 10 level.