Submitted: 07-16-2001 by wloliff
Yakima Mako Saddles (and Hulley rollers)have proved to be the easiest on/off boat loading combination I have seen. I carry a Wilderness Systems Pungo and Perception Acadia on husband-wife river,lake and coastal excursions of the day trip variety. I also do alot of solo,day fishing trips with the Pungo. I have hoisted heavy canoes to cartop location and wanted something to facilitate ease of loading (even with lighter kayaks). This system is super! Place bow on rear rollers; lift stern and push forward. Nothing to it. Unloading is similar and easily accomplished by one person. For any long distance trips, I travel with cockpit covers in place to prevent rain from collecting in boats since they ride "rightside up." Very easy to install (I have on a Yakima tower and cross bar system). You do have to routinely tighten fittings by hand, but no big deal. I don't give anything a 10 - thus,a 9 is a strong recommendation in my book.