Submitted: 07-16-2001 by Gary S

I have three Old Town kayaks. A Loon 111 (11'1"), a Castaway (12'9") and an Otter (9'6") The Loon & the Otter I can forget which one I'm in because they feel allot alike. The Otter however is about 1/2 the price. It is a great boat. Easy to paddle even for beginners. Keeps up with the two other kayaks I have. I recommend buying two for more family fun. Almost everything else out there is twice the price. I got my Otter at a big sporting goods store for $250 + paddles. Big enough cockpit to bend your legs a little so they don't get num during a long run. Just one word of caution; this is not a whitewater kayak! It is sometimes mistaken for one because of it's size. A tall person will find it a bit cramped. If you have never been in a kayak before you won't believe how far you can go with just a small amount of effort.