Submitted: 07-16-2001 by LB

I bought my cypress at the beginning of this summer. I spent most of last summer picking a boat. I opted for a rudder that was not a manufactor install. My friend has a wilderness systems manteo. I have a much flatter bottom and she has to get out and walk in shallows where I do not. I have better tracking with and without the rudder but the rudder is wonderful. We were on a windy river and I was able to just move right along. She worked twice as hard as I did due to compensating for the wind. I will say the dry hatch seems to leak a little at times, hence the 9 instead of a 10. It has just been a wonderful boat for me (5'6" - average build). My dealer, who had to special order it for me because he didn't carry the cypress, trusted my opinion so much he ordered 12 for rentals! And has been getting good reviews so far.

NRS: