Submitted: 07-10-2001 by jcaldeira
The Sojourn is a great boat for the flat water solo paddler. It tracks well, but also responds well to sweep and draw strokes when navigating tight places. The low profile minimizes wind resistance, and the durability of Royalex is nice.

My only significant criticism is that the weight of my boat is really 49 pounds - not the 43 pounds advertised when I bought it, or the revised weight of 46 that Dagger has been advertising more recently, which is very odd since Royalex boats should have very little variability in their weights. Also, the plastic end-caps and handle-hold are not up to the quality found in some other manufacturer's boats. The water bottle is a gimmick that is easily removed.

I've been paddling my Sojourn for about one year on mostly quiet rivers and am pleased with the Sojourn. The paddler accustomed to tandem paddling will need to learn to replace rudder strokes with draws, prys and sweeps to really make this boat respond at its best. Overall, a good boat for the solo paddler on mostly flat water.