Submitted: 07-03-2001 by drip ring

I'm sorry, but I couldn't take it an longer. I'm tired of people blaming boats for poor paddling technique. The 160-T tracks perfectly well solo. Learn to paddle correctly and you will go in a straight line. Amazing! As with any tandem, tracking proves more difficult with two people paddling. However, that is not the fault of this or any other boat. It's the nature of tandem paddling. Fall into synch and you can track it. The EASY option (popular with most people) is to get a rudder to correct poor paddling. I've had this boat in the full-realm of it's intended use conditions. It actually LIKES chop, waves and wakes. The length and width allow you to flatten them out so that you barely notice them (unless you are allowing them to hit you broadside but that is a whole other issue of lack of knowledge). I apologize if I have come across rudely, but to bash a boat because of a lack of experience or ignorance of what to expect jerks my chain. Is this boat perfect? No way. No boat is. Each is a compromise in it's own way. Is it a well-performing boat for it's intended purpose? Yes. Compare it to boats with similar design and intended use when making an evaluation.