Submitted: 07-03-2001 by m j leaf

This my second summer with it. I bought the Loon for solo fishing after I found I could not get my OT Discovery 133 canoe (with oarlocks) on and off my van without wrenching my back or dropping it more often than not. I can easily lift and slide the loon into the van, so do not need to take the time with roof racks and the like. It may not be quite as fast as the canoe with oars and it has less room, but I can see where I go, it is extremely stable, much less wind sensitive (hence better in more kinds of weather), and with a little adjustment of my kit I find I can fish with it very effectively. Only steering problem is that if I am quartering wind-driven waves of maybe 15-20 knots it seems to want to turn into the wind. Haven't used the skirt, but find that a towel is all I need to keep the bottom dry from water that drips or splashes in (mostly drips).