Submitted: 07-02-2001 by Hawki

I've had my XT for a couple of months now and love it. I also purchased the boat for the forgiving properties of plastic but the look and feel of a composite. I've already had many comments on the design and look of this boat. We just finished a 2 week vacation paddling on the California Northcoast and Southern Oregon coast. We've been in sloughs, bays and flat rivers throughout the area and I'm more impressed with this boat with every outing. I've had the boat in 15mph+ winds and found it easy to maintain course with just paddle strokes and edging only occasionally. It was especially nice when in tight quarters of a flat water creek we found in Oregon ... this boat turns on a dime. It was also a pleasant surprise to find the boat rolls extremely well making practicing my rolls a lot of fun. Speed is about what you would expect from a 15 footer, but I had no problem staying with a Looksha IV while exploring Trinidad Bay. I was looking for a rudderless design that actually lived up to its hype and I believe I've found it with the XT. This boat deserves a look from anyone looking for a kayak that does a lot of things well.