Submitted: 06-29-2001 by Mike McGraw

I have a glass Capella in my fleet of whitewater and sea kayaks. Originally, I bought it as a loaner for a friend who sometimes likes to kayak with me, but she found it somewhat tipsier than my other sea kayak, so I tried it. Well, am I ever glad that I did. It tracks beautifully and has a roomy, comfortable cockpit. The seat, is almost heaven. Over the past twenty-five years, I've spent a lot of time sitting on uncomfortable kayak seats, but the glass Capella has THE most comfortable seat that I've ever had in a kayak. If you are going to paddle for hours, then a comfortable seat is important. I also like the 'glove compartment' directly behind the seat. Instead of being centred, and difficult to get into whilst paddling, it is off to one side. This makes it easy to twist around on that side to get into this small compartment to get a camera or water bottle or a snack. The Capella has become my primary sea kayak, and my other one, as beautiful as it is, has become my loaner.