Submitted: 06-26-2001 by waterhog

I've had this kayak for one day and I'm wondering what the dealer's policy is for returning a kayak after one day of ownership.This kayak is a joke. It sit too high,is top heavy,and is not stable at all.It's advertised as being great for surf or a short days journey and is great for scuba and snorkling with a seat for a small child.Living in Dallas Tx. I can't say anything about how it handles in surf.But what I can say about the Colada is that on a relatively calm lake, Lake Whitney,it sucked.To start,it sits too high and is too top heavy.You bob up and down, left and right, the whole time balancing yourself to try and keep from flipping over.Eventually you do flip over and its a mother to get back on.The sides are so high, when you try to get back on it tends to flip over on top of your head.Great for scuba they say, well I don't see how.This kayak is already so unstable, the added weigt of a scuba tank or a small child as advertised is a tragedy waiting to happen.My friend who is about 6'0 210lbs. got in and 2 seconds later flipped over.While I was laughing at him, he was laughing at me for buying this piece of crap.Does islander test their kayaks?