Submitted: 06-25-2001 by Jim Smith

I bought this boat as a high performance alternative to my Wilderness Systems Kaos. Barton Decker of Hatteras Island Surf Shop made me a deal too sweet to refuse. Basically, this boat has ruined me. I had been training for distance racing, and I wanted an alternative to spending so much time on flat water and in the gym; now all I want to do is surf. The boat is so fast down the line that I had to stop out running the waves. I looked at several options in terms of wave skis, but this boat just works so well in a variety of conditions that I can't see taking the leap. Unless you travel to Hatteras, the East Coast doesn't see the big rolling swells akin to the West Coast. We also do not enjoy any type of channel, or reef conditions. Wave skis require the use of a seat belt, but the Strike uses a movable foot board and thigh straps. Paddling out into the surf and rolling to avoid an incoming wave is not an option when you are dealing with sand bars a mere two feet below the surface. I can climb back on this boat and get going again in a flash; it punches through the wave faces like a champ. I just did my first honest to goodness cut-back on the face of a wave yesterday, and I hope it is the first of many. Try this boat in the surf. You will be amazed!