Submitted: 06-25-2001 by EMBEE31

I have been paddling the fiberglass layup of the Tesla NM for 2 months in calm seas, 30 knot winds "potato patch" conditions and high following seas. The boat has felt as an extension of my hands and thoughts from the first moments. The rudder is only down in high following seas, it turns with or without rudder very quickly, it tracks well, it rolls well, it does everything well. It's maiden voyage was a 22 miles open sea crossing. Upon return I called the dealer and told him I was upset because the boat made the trip almost boring!

Two minor gripes: The pedals can slip backward towards the paddler making recovery difficult. Solution was to tighten the bungies. The other gripe is the polyester line for deck lines and rudder. The cord stretches when wet allowing the rudder to come out of its rest. I am working on a fix. If there is a better boat for me I was unable to find it.