Submitted: 06-25-2001 by mcollect

I recently was talked into spending the extra money for the Carbon fiber Camano. I paddled the fiberglass for years in rental sea kayaks and loved it. When I purchased my own sea kayak the dealer convnced me to spring for the carbon model: that is the best money I ever spent. Paddling for ten to twenty miles a day, the few saved ounces add up by multiplying the number of strokes times the weight. During parts of the trip the other kayaker on the trip asked to try my paddle, what a mistake that was. Towards the end he whined so much that I had to let him use my carbon blade, he did buy the beer as a rental fee. Upon returning to shore he said he would go back to our dealer and see if they would let him trade up to a carbon. A 10 in my book,no flutter and a joy to use. One trick to ease the assembly and disassembly try using some of the oil from your nose on the ferules.