Submitted: 06-15-2001 by Chrish

What a fantastic boat! I just bought the poly model after tons of research & then on water comparisons between my final choices, the Looksha IV & Sport. I was hoping the shorter Sport would suit my needs, but it was just too slow when compared to the IV for any distance paddling, though it was still excellent in all other respects. The IV is fast, reasonably stable with great secondary stability, & turns like a smaller boat when on a lean or with the rudder down. I have had only 2 windy rough days to experience so far, but this boat just seems to get more stable the rougher it gets. As mine is a new 2001, it has a nice padded & adjustable backband instead of the hard plastic seat back, & a padded seat pad. It fits me well @ 6'2 & 220 lbs, & I may still add some hip pads & pad out the thigh braces for a tighter fit, for even better control. Sea Kayaker Mag said it best in there review...This is the BEST plastic kayak they (Or I) have ever paddled.