Submitted: 06-04-2001 by Keith Skelton

I bought my Mighty Joe at a swap meet for 500.00, bought the rudder kit, installed it, and it was ready to go. Stable even with a landlubber wife, a dog and a 3 year-old on board, and I can paddle it quickly without their help. Sure, it is heavy, but that guarantees you a workout whenever you put it in the water. Besides, us couch potatoes need an excuse to break a sweat. I wish it was a little longer, but beyond that I am very happy with it. The only complaint I have is that it has been discontinued in favor of the Aurora, which is basically the same boat, with some minor alterations. This boat is fine on the coast, it can handle waves up to 5 feet, but expect to use your bailer. A self-bailer would help this rig, and it is available from Harmony if one needs it. This is a Cruiser, not a racer, so don't buy it for surfing or river navigating. If you have family and want to take them with you or just go solo, this is the Kayak for you!