Submitted: 06-04-2001 by m. pond

Hello everyone. I am write this for the experienced but cheap $$$ kayaker. My wife purchased my otter as an anniversary gift and I can't be happier. I wanted a boat that was well designed, small and light weight.To date I have kayaked in 3 marathon rivers races (30+ miles), I have surfed the waves of Lake Michigan, taken a 10 day trip in the Boundary Waters (with canoe support da..), paddled (class 3) rapids, and can be scene in the small creeks and streams of your backyard. For additions to the boat, I added foot braces, front and back deck ridging, fishing pole/paddle clips, cockpit bilge pump, a skag for tracking, and placed reflective tape on the front, back and sides of the boat. I strongly suggest that if you paddle in any heavily high usage area use reflective tape. This will provide a better chance of being seen by largeer boats and it can and will save your life. Overall the Otter and I have a tried, trusted, and true friendship. Buy it, paddle, be safe, and have fun.