Submitted: 06-01-2001 by Shannon

I just recently purchased my Tarpon and I love it! I wanted a sit on top that would be able to keep up with my husbands Merlin XT. This boat does it. I am a big gal (6'2 200pds) and I needed a stable, but fairly quick boat. I doubt this boat will be winning any races here soon, but it glides nice and tracks great(with out the rudder!) I haven't taken it out into the ocean yet, just lakes, but I am sure it will be fine as I don't plan on being in very inclement weather or taking long trekkes. It is a pretty long boat for a sit on top (16') and it's 28" wide. A good steady boat very comfortable and comes standard with everything you really need two hatches, foot braces and a back rest! I would recommend this boat for anyone new to the sport like me that isn't ready for rolls and just wants to enjoy nice fairly calm days out on a lake or in a bay.

PFD Buyers' Guide: