Submitted: 05-30-2001 by Hawki

I just recently got my LT. I was impressed with the construction and finish. The Carbonite 2000 material is impressively rigid and the colors are vivid and rich. It is shorter than I was planning on getting but when I analyzed my needs, I was convinced it would fit the bill well. I plan on frequent paddles on local lakes for conditioning and exploring in Northern California bays, rock gardens and caves.

I was impressed with the initial stability and felt right at home almost immediately. The first time I put it on edge I was very impressed ... this kayak can turn on a dime and you feel confident the whole time. Speed is what you would expect from such a short kayak even though I had no problems keeping up with my wife on her 16 footer. Tracking is very good and even in 10-12 mph winds I was able to keep the boat on course with little correction.

I'm 6'0" and 180 lbs. with size 10 shoe and believe I'm at the high end of the scale on who would fit in this boat. I am very comfortable though and the cockpit fits me like a glove. After just a few minutes, it felt like part of me. The rudderless design is just that, I can't really invision a time I would need one with the way this boat handles. I would definately recommend this boat to anyone with similar kayaking interests.

New York Kayak Co.: